Winning Team of Macau JetSaver Light Challenge – PassportChop!16 February, 2010
This post will provide an overview of our trip experiences around Macau i.e. links to our blog posts on places to stay, eat and see. Before we go into that, we would like to announce this:
Based on PassportChop’s blog entry about our experiences in Macau, we WON the JetStarAsia Macau JetSaver Light Challenge!!
The JetStarAsia Macau JetSaver Light Challenge is actually a 2-part contest;
- From hundreds of itineraries submitted to JetStarAsia, 10 contestants were selected to go on a trip in Macau (accommodation & airfare sponsored by JetStar and Macau Tourism Board) and they have to share their experiences on their blogs
- From these 10 blog entries, one team will be awarded a $1000 JetStar travel voucher to a destination of their choice. We will be using this voucher for a short trip to Bangkok during the Good Friday long weekend in April. 🙂 Look out for our blog posts on Thailand in April!
The requirements for the blog entry for submission to JetStar include a photo of our star jump at the most memorable place in Macau. However there were so many fun and interesting places we visited that we ended up attempting jumps around Macau. :-). Not all were as successful as can be seen in the number of NG shots we collated!
3D Macau Trip Posts (1 Feb – 4 Feb 2010)
This post will be updated with links to our posts of our detailed trip experiences around Macau:
- Comparison of Portuguese Egg Tarts from Lord Stow, Margaret, Ko Kei
- Free Snacks Sampling along Macau’s Food Streets
- Traditional Cantonese Food at Wong Chi Kei Restaurant
- Portuguese and Macanese Cuisine at O’ Porto Interior Restaurant
- Yummy Snacks around Macau e.g. Cafe Tai Lei Loi Kei Pork Chop Bun
- Shopping in Zhuhai
- Exploring Macau’s Historic Centre e.g. Ruins of St Paul’s Cathedral
- Traditional Suzhou-style Lou Lim Ieoc Garden
- Hiking around Guia Hill (Guia Lighthouse, Chapel of our Lady of Guia)
- Exploring Coloane Island (Hac Sa Beach, Coloane Village)
- Casino-Hopping in Macau – Venetian, City of Dreams, Grand Lisboa
- Shopping around Three Lamps District, Macau
- Educational Visit to Grand Prix and Wine Museum