Lunch at Cafe Gloriette – Beef Goulash with Dumpling and Sausage31 July, 2009
Cafe Gloriette @ Vienna Schönbrunn Palace
Cafe Gloriette occupies the Gloriette, a neo-classical construction high on a hill behind Schloss Schonbrunn. The Gloriette has one of the best views in all of Vienna. See pictures below for the classy Gloriette exterior.
After a steep climb uphill, we were very hungry and ordered:
- Herrengulasch mit Knodel, Wurstel und Ei (Beef Goulash with Dumpling, Sausage and Egg) – the dumpling is actually a rice ball; very apt to eat with the curry-like beef goulash. It cost €9.60.
- Apple Strudel – tasty; cost abt €5
The interior of Cafe Gloriette – looks like a fine-dining establishment; prices are not cheap too.
We rate Vienna Cafe Gloriette:
- Food (tasty goulash and apple strudel): 3.5/5
- Ambiance (good – very classy): 3.5/5
- Service (good, patient waiter): 4/5
- Location (uphill climb to Gloriette – tiring! ): 3/5
- Value (reasonable for a fine-dining establishment): 3.5/5