Yummy Cheese and Curry Sausage in Vienna6 August, 2009
Würstelstand Am Hoher Markt
According to Lonely Planet, there is a sausage stand in Hoher Market that attracts people from all walks of life with its consistently good sausages, central location and long opening hours. This is evident from the long queue when we ordered our sausages.
We tried the Kasekrainer, a hearty sausage infused with cheese. It can be quite a messy affair so prepare your tissues. There are 2 ways you can eat it – as a hotdog (€3.50) or with bread and sausages cut up (€3.20). We chose the hotdog since its the more authentic Viennese way of eating and the latter looked like what you would feed a pigeon :-p We also ordered a Currywurst (a curry sausage) for €3.
[ad#Google Adsense Horizontal Post Ad]
To avoid the cold winds, you can choose to dine in one of the shelters in the stand.
We rate Wurstelstand Am Hoher Markt:
- Food (tasty and filling): 4/5
- Ambiance (what ambiance?! its just a hotdog stand!): 2.5/5
- Service (helpful and friendly; service was fast too): 3.5/5
- Location (easy walk from Graben or Schwedenplatz ): 3.5/5
- Value (reasonable price for a hotdog): 3.5/5