Lunch Medieval Feast in Cesky Krumlov Dungeon12 August, 2009
Dinner @ Tavern Satlava Cesky Krumlov
Krčma V Šatlavské (Tavern in the Dungeons), located along Šatlavské street in the center of Cesky Krumlov (near the town square), offers an unique dining environment in the former dungeons of the old town prison. Most of the meat are grilled over an open fire stove to provide an authentic medieval feast feel.
While we got a good view of the cook preparing the food over the open fire, our seats are the worst in the entire tavern because after the meal, we ended smelling very much like the food that the cook was BBQ-ing.
[ad#Google Adsense Horizontal Post Ad]
- Leg of pork served on a wooden board with potato pancakes as side dishes, for 180Kč (however some portions are not very well-cooked)
- Onion soups served in a bread bowl, for 45Kč. These soups, with the edible bread bowl, are almost a meal by themselves.
We rate Satlava Tavern:
- Food (so-so, some portions of meat not well-cooked) : 2.5/5
- Ambiance (authentic medieval feel but our seats were bad): 3/5
- Service (only one cook – took quite some time to serve): 3/5
- Location (easy to find – near town square centre): 3.5/5
- Value (reasonable): 3.5/5
David Jr13 August, 2009 at 3:59 am
Wow, leg of pork. Looked delicious but saw your rating of the pork not fully cooked…
Looks like a really nice place too.
.-= David Jr´s last blog ..Four Seasons Rhu Bar Langkawi =-.
Zhiqiang13 August, 2009 at 7:47 am
The place was real crowded when we were there and there was only 1 cook – so understandably in his haste, he might have missed cooking each pieces of meat thoroughly or this is the way they eat their food…. 🙂