Budapest Bobek Cafe Lunch Review20 July, 2009
Just one street behind our apartment at Kazinczy utca lies the Bobek Cafe. Highly recommended by our apartment landlord, we decided to give this cafe a try.
We took our lunch at the cafe’s dining garden because:
- Good weather – warm and sunny
- Lots of smoking customers in the cafe interior
Menu is in English but waitresses could not understand English very well; read the menu and point to the best tasty description :-p
The food served was tasty and healthy – I ordered Kichos Maskent (a mixture of tomatoes with parma ham, olives, onion and cheese grilled) – 790 HUF and TY ordered Gombas Tojasrantotta (scrambled eggs with mushroom) – 590 HUF. We also ordered Lemonade and Cappy Orange juice.
We rate Bobek Cafe:
- Food (healthy and tasty): 3.5/5
- Ambience (nice outdoor dining setup): 3.5/5
- Service (helpful but food took some time to be served – 30+ minutes): 3/5
- Location (just behind our apartment): 4/5
- Value (1100 HUF for sandwich + drink): 3/5
Budapest Bobek Cafe Map
The entrance of the cafe is not very obvious – look out for this red door.