This restaurant comes recommended by 2 guidebooks – Lonely Planet and EyeWitness Guide. According to the brochure on the restaurant, it serves modern european cuisine with a wide selection of Hungarian quality wine.
It is highly recommended that you make a reservation with the restaurant early or you will end up sitting outside like us. You might feel that outdoor dining in Europe is very cool but for us, its way too ‘cool’ to the extent we are freezing.. brrr… Luckily this restaurant had anticipated that – shawls are provided for guests who dine outside – it is the blue towel/bathrobe-like thing you see all over us. While not very nice-looking, it provided the much-needed warmth.
I was also very impressed with the professionalism of this establishment. When notified that we will be sharing main courses, the food was then served already divided in half for each diner. We ordered:
- Roast chicken breast with fresh salad and potatoes – 2120 HUF
- “Gundel” pancakes / stuffed with nuts, raisines comes with chocolate sauce and sugar powder – 880 HUF
We rate Budapest Cafe Kor:
- Food (tasty): 4/5
- Ambiance (would have been better if we got to sit inside – no need to fight the cold): 3/5
- Service (meals prepared to cater to our requirement): 4.5/5
- Location (near Kossuth Lajos ter Metro, street behind kisharang etkezde ): 3.5/5
- Value (reasonable for a fine-dining establishment): 3.5/5