Budapest Nagy Fal Kinai Bufe (Chinese Restaurant) Review24 July, 2009
Budapest Nagy Fal Chinese Restaurant
After days of western food, some of us were starting to miss Chinese food so we picked one recommended by the Lonely Planet.
Nagy Fal refers to the Great Wall of China. Lonely Planet said that this cheap and cheerful Chinese place has a seemingly endless menu of dishes to eat in or take away. At first look, it seemed like a typical Chinese mixed food stall in Singapore with lots of dishes for you to choose from. However the concept is very different.
For about 500 HUF to 700 HUF, you get a small plate of rice and a choice of one dish. The serving for this one dish is quite huge. For 200 – 300 HUF, you get a bigger plate of rice and another choice of dish. Soups, spring rolls and others will be charged extra starting from 250 HUF onwards.
Each of us picked our favorite dish and shared the dishes – creating more variety for our meal.
We rate Budapest Karpatia restaurant:
- Food (yummy! more varieties since we combine our dishes): 4.5/5
- Ambiance (ok, very functional – eat and go environment): 3/5
- Service (efficient and helpful): 4/5
- Location (8 minutes walk from Kossuth Lajos ter ): 3.5/5
- Value (700 HUF for a good Chinese meal – cheap): 4/5