Sumiyaki Onigiri Meal (Japanese BBQ) at Sakae Sushi Wheelock31 October, 2009
Besides sushi, Sakae Sushi also offers many variety of Japanese food – one of which is Sumiyaki (a form of Japanese BBQ). There are different sets of Sumiyaki offered at Sakae Sushi Wheelock Place (near Orchard MRT) – different pricing for various quantities and flavours.
We ordered the Sumiyaki Onigiri set at $12.90 which comprised the following items:
- Tebasaki (BBQ Chicken Wings)
- Yakitori (Grilled Chicken on Sticks)
- Salmon Bara (BBQ Salmon)
- Gyu Bara with Asparagus (BBQ Beef Bacon wrapped around Asparagus)
- Onigiri Lime (Japanese White Rice Balls)
- Onigiri Katsuobushi
- Yaki Pineapple
- Miso Cabbage
- Miso Soup
If you like BBQ food, you will like the Sumiyaki set and you can choose a variety of Sumiyaki sets ranging from $8+ to $20+, depending on your preference of ingredients and quantity. For a limited period only, Sakae Sushi Wheelock Place is also offering a 30% discount on single sticks of Sumiyaki (not valid for set meals and platters). Perfect if you just want to sample and try these Japanese BBQ food.
[ad#Google Adsense Horizontal Post Ad]
Besides the usual red and colored plates one would have during meals at Sakae Sushi, you can also try out yummy appetisers: Unagi Tofu – 3 Unagi pieces wrapped around tofu dipped in soya sauce ($6.99) and the crispy Japanese pancake, Okonomiyaki ($2.99).
The mango juice with aloe vera make the perfect drink to quench any accidental/over-indulgence in wasabi. Also try out the curry cheese crab sushi ($5.99) if you like uniquely flavored sushi.
Sakae Sushi Wheelock Place shares with the Woodlands Causeway branch similar characteristics – quiet, soothing ambiance, perfect for an indulgence in sushi!
We rate Sakae Sushi @ Wheelock Place:
- Food (Appetising Unagi Tofu & Fresh Sushi): 4/5
- Ambiance (Soothing, no-pressure environment): 3.5/5
- Service (Fast and Friendly): 4/5
- Location (over 20 Sakae Sushi outlets island-wide): 4.5/5
- Value ($13 for a BBQ Sumiyaki set lunch – worth it!): 4/5
John78526 November, 2009 at 12:25 am
Very nice site!