Activities and Things to Do in Sydney12 May, 2014
Sydney, Australia is one of the world’s best travel destinations. It is home to some of the finest restaurants, wineries, and beaches. A trip to Sydney would not be complete without seeing the fabulous Sydney Harbor showcasing the famous Opera House and Harbour Bridge. Sydney is known for having the friendliest people, so you’ll feel right at home. Perhaps that is why Sydney has been voted the best city in the world for visitors six consecutive years.
Here are some activities you can consider in your trip to Sydney (whether you are on a STRETCH (every-penny-counts) or SPLURGE (oh-so-lavish) budget):
- Hire a bike and pedal your way through the many sights of Sydney Harbour or Manly.
- Taste delicious meat pies at Harry’s Cafe de Wheels, world-renowned Australian icon.
- Trawl for unique gifts and bargains at Sydney’s buzzing weekend markets – The Rocks Markets, Paddy’s Markets, Paddington Markets, Eveleigh Markets, Bondi Markets.
- Travel like the locals on a Sydney ferry and uncover many of Sydney’s ‘hidden gems’ affordably – including Watsons Bay, Cockatoo Island, and Manly.
- Savour fresh seafood at Sydney Fish Market, the second largest fish market in the world.
- Bridgeclimb to the top of Sydney Harbour Bridge for breathtaking views of the harbour.
- Explore Sydney Harbour on a leisure sailing cruise or an exciting jet boat ride.
- Surf, shop and see-and-be-seen at Bondi Beach.
- Enjoy dinner and drinks at one of the beautiful waterside locations in Sydney, including Circular Quay, The Rocks, Woolloomooloo Wharf and Cockle Bay.
- Uncover Sydney’s fashion scene at the funky Surry Hills, stylish Paddington, or edgy Newtown.
Here’s videos of Scoot’s globetrotters, Paula and Dominic, as they travel around doing the above activities in Sydney:
You can win a trip to Sydney with Scoot too – Guess the amount of dollars down to the cents that Dom & Paula have spent on both Stretch as well as Splurge activities for each episode and two lucky winners might just win the exact activities that Dom & Paula experienced in that episode plus Scoot travel vouchers to Sydney! There are 4 episodes all together and you can catch them all on http://www.flyscoot.com/index.php/en/sydney