Bintan 3D2N Weekend Getaway Trip Summary4 December, 2011
Whether you are planning a romantic weekend getaway with your loved one or fun vacation with your family and friends or you just want a short getaway from Singapore, Bintan Island is the best place for it. PassportChop readers also enjoy special discounts on tours and spa/massage bookings on Bintan Island – read on for more details!
Located just 55 minutes away by ferry, Bintan is like a mini-Singapore except with more fun activities to do all compacted into one resort. Tap water in the resort area is drinkable as it had been treated according to international World Health Organisations (WHO) standards just like in Singapore. You can use Singapore currency to buy anything you like within the resort as well as Pasar Oleh Oleh (a market for guests looking for souvenirs, food (e.g. keropok, kueh lapis) and Polo shirts (actually they are everywhere – at ferry terminals, within the resort etc.).
PassportChop.com had the opportunity to visit Bintan Resorts for a short 3 Days 2 Nights weekend getaway recently and we will be sharing with you over the next few posts on what you can do, see and eat in Bintan Island.
Just to provide a quick glimpse of our 3 Days 2 Nights itinerary at Bintan Island:
Day 1 Bintan Resort Itinerary
- Dinner at Kelong Restaurant – Yummy seafood and Great views of the sunset while you dine by the sea
- Mangrove Night Tour – Be immersed in the serenity of the mangrove river on a private cruise down Sebong river and be mesmerized by fireflies
Day 2 Bintan Resort Itinerary
- Activities at Nirwana Garden – Archery, Rifle Shooting, Laser Clay; after a sumptuous buffet breakfast at the Coffee Shop (within Nirwana Gardens Resort), play some shooting games at the Bintan Resort Centre (a short 5-minute walk away or catch the free shuttle that goes around the resort)
- Shopping at Pasar Oleh Oleh – After an Indonesian cuisine lunch at Spice Restaurant at Mayang Sari Resort, catch a shuttle (S$5 per adult) to Pasar Oleh Oleh – a marketplace selling all kinds of local souvenir and food.
- Relax at Aroma Day Spa with its 100-minute Destress Package – so comfortable that I felt asleep throughout the massage; includes a 40-minute body scrub.
- Chill out at Cafe Tempo with its signature drink, Diabolo Mint and play a game of pool with your friends
- Dine at Cafe Helo Helo located in Pasar Oleh Oleh where a resident singer will walk around taking dedications (even Chinese songs!) and sing while you enjoy your dinner. Then party the night away at La Luna Beach Club or just chill out at Calypso Bar
Day 3 Bintan Resort Itinerary
- Just before check-out at 12 noon, enjoy the thrill of driving an All-Terrain Vehicle or Dune Buggy across muddy, steep, sandy, bumpy ground – only the toughest conditions to test out how all-terrain the vehicle can manage!
- Wash-up and transfer to your ferry home to Singapore after a fun weekend at Bintan
Check out this video for a quick preview of our activities at Bintan Nirwana Gardens Resort over a weekend.
As can be seen from the above activities described, all fun and relaxing you want your weekend at Bintan Nirwana Gardens Resort to be really depends on you. You can choose to chill out by the beach and relax with a massage or have an action-packed weekend with lots of shooting games and ATV driving or even both!
Getting to Bintan
From Singapore – Accessible via high-speed catamarans from Singapore’s Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal (TMFT). The journey takes 55 minutes. Check-in time: 1 hour before departure. Each passenger has up to 20 kg baggage allowance. Tickets are available at Bintan Resort Ferry at TMFT and through selected travel agents in Singapore.
From Indonesia – Take a domestic flight to Hang Nadim Airport on neighbouring Batam Island. Regular speedboat available from Nongsa Ferry Terminal in Batam and Bandar Bentan Ferry Terminal in Bintan Resorts. The journey takes approximately 55 minutes.
How to get around on Bintan Island
Do take note that Bintan is 1 hour behind Singapore (i.e. when Singapore time is 2pm, it is actually 1pm Indonesia time – so although your journey from Singapore to Bintan is 55 minutes, you will appear to have arrive at Bintan the same time as when you depart Singapore) so take that into account when arranging any local transportation and tours to avoid any miscommunications.
Two-way transfers between your hotel and ferry terminal will be provided by the Nirwana Gardens hotel. Please approach Nirwana Gardens staff who will be most delighted to show you to the coach.
For updates on Nirwana Gardens and Bintan promotions and events, like Nirwana Gardens Resort Bintan Island Indonesia Facebook page and I Love Bintan Facebook page for more info.
Special Promotions for PassportChop.com Readers
- Discounts for Nirwana Garden Resort Stay
10% discount off Nirwana Garden Resort’s Best Available Rate
To book, guests are to quote “Passportchop” upon reservation. Reservations to be done via email at email@example.com or by telephone: +65 6323 6636.
You can also book at their website at http://www.nirwanagardens.com. At the booking engine box, just key in “PASSPORTCHOP” (caps sensitive) in the Access Code box, after filling out the details of your travel period, and click on the Check Availability button – a popup window will open with the discounted rates and availability.
- Discounts for Mangrove Tours at Bintan Island (by BRC Tours)
20% off Mangrove Tours (SGD38/adult; SGD25/child)
Timing available for selection: 8:00am, 10:00am, 1:00pm, 3:00pm, 7.30pm (Bintan Indonesian Time)
Terms & Conditions
– Minimum 2 Pax to go
– Valid until 29 Feb 2012
– Not valid in conjunction with other promotions and discounts on BRC Mangrove Tours
To book, email preferred tour time to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +62 (770)692092/29 (at least 48hrs i.e. 2 working days in advance) and quote ‘PassportChop’ in email booking.
- Discounts for Aroma Spa Packages at Bintan Island
20% off any Treatment Package from the Spa Packages menu at Aroma Day Spa – the indoor spa located right across the road from Pasar Oleh Oleh
20% off Detox Day Trip Tour Package (applicable only at Aroma River Spa – the outdoor spa on Bintan’s East Coast)
– Welcome drink; and
– Complimentary two-way land transfer from BBT Ferry terminal or Bintan Resorts Hotel
Terms & Conditions:
– Minimum 2 Pax to go
To book, email pick-up time and venue to email@example.com (at least 24hrs in advance) and quote ‘PassportChop’ in email booking.